To achieve optimal health care for animals, advance the veterinary profession, and evolve the relationship between primary care veterinarians and specialists.
VetSOAP’s Guiding Principles
- To partner to optimize animal care.
- To include and engage all key participants.
- To encourage and enable shared initiatives.
- To be transparent and accountable.
- To pursue mutual benefits.
VetSOAP’s Strategic Plan
VetSOAP’s board held a two day strategic planning session in February 2014 facilitated by nationally recognized facilitator, Tom Hurley. We unanimously approved a statement of purpose, developed our mission, clarified our guiding principles, and outlined a strategic plan focused on five key goals:
- Increase animal owners’ awareness of specialty medicine and the benefits of collaboration between primary care veterinarians and specialists.
- Foster and promote optimal collaboration between primary care veterinarians and specialists.
- Drive development of the research based on a collaborative approach to veterinary care.
- Establish strong sustaining partnerships with key participants in the animal care community.
- Build a strong financial base and effective organizational platform.